Tuesday, April 17, 2012

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...
Maybe driving home after a few (or more) shots of tequila had been a bad idea, but hell, he did it all the time. The cops had to have been freaking bored to have pulled him over. He wasn’t even swerving! That’s Cage York’s story and he’s sticking to it.

Unfortunately, his baseball coach isn’t buying it. Cage has a free ride to the local junior college for baseball -- or he did, until he’d gotten a DUI. Now, Cage has to decide: does he drop out and give up his dream of getting noticed by a college in the SEC, and possibly making it into the Major Leagues -- or does he give in to his coach’s demands and spend his summer bailing hay?

Eva Brooks had planned out her life step by step when she was eight years old. Not once over the years had she lost sight of her goals. Josh Beasley, her next door neighbor, had been the center of those goals. He’d been her first boyfriend at seven, her first kiss at ten, her first date at fifteen, and her first tragedy at eighteen. The moment she’d received the phone call from Josh’s mother saying he’d been killed along with four other soldiers just north of Baghdad, Eva’s carefully planned life imploded in the worst way possible.

Cage isn’t real happy with his closet-sized bedroom in the back of a foul smelling barn, or his daily interactions with cows, but he knows that if he doesn’t make his coach happy then he can kiss his scholarship goodbye. Only a sick and twisted man would decide his punishment was to be working on a farm all summer. No hot babes in bikinis waiting to meet a Southern boy to make her vacation complete. Just him and the damned cows.

Oh -- and an uptight, snarky brunette with the biggest blue eyes he’s every seen. But she doesn’t count, because as hard as he’s tried to charm her out of her panties - he’s pretty sure she’d rather see him hung from the rafters than let him get a taste of her pretty little lips.


Why I'm Waiting ~Yep. Another Abbi Glines book here at The Bookish Babe. And if you really don't know why I've chosen WHILE IT LASTS, I have two words for you: Cage York.

I've decided Abbi's books have a super-addictive special sauce in them. Kinda like Big Macs. And I don't ever want to quit them.

Be sure and click the GoodReads button above to add this gem to your tbr-list.



Expected Release Date: June 5, 2012


18 comments:

  1. Um, this Cage fellow sounds delicious. :) I've got both Breathe and Because of Low on my Nook, just waiting for me to find the time for them. Maybe I'll wait until this one comes out and read them all back-to-back. That sounds like a good way to spend a few days this summer, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this sounds great. Adding it to my list now. I haven't read any of her work yet but I have The Vincent Boys on the Kindle. Great pick!
    Shellie @ Creative Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds good! Does it have a love triangle? I'm never a fan of the guy the girls end up with in her books so if there is no love triangle this time I'll definitely read it LOL
    Great pick!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I see this cover I think man that Hay must be uncomfortable to sit on. Good pick though.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poor guy! Is he naked there? Because believe me when I say, it hurts like a bitch! XD Still have to read something written by Glines, but I definitely plan to!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how much you love Abbi Glines' books so I really look forward to read some :) ! While It Lasts sounds amazing and I especially love the cover ... already swooning over this Cage guy :) !!!!! No seriously I love the sound of this book so thank you for bringing it to my attention Andrea :) !! I've added it to my Goodreads !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really does sound good. I'm adding it to my list. Thanks so much for letting me know about it. Here's my WoW
    Thanks, Cathy @ Addicted to Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds sooo good but sooo sad!!! I haven't read any of Glines' books yet but I think I need to add this one to my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing!!
    My WoW: http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was either this one the our VBros. VBros won for me this week. Can't wait for Cage too!!!!! HOLLA for Abbi Glines!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh that just sounds awesome!! I am going to read Breathe and Because of Low like super soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this series! A dude is for sure a good reason to want to continue a series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the looks of this and LOVE your reasoning regarding " super-addictive special sauce." Something country to get the summer started? Yes please!

    http://yafictionandwhiskeysours.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a good choice, enjoy.

    http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so excited about this book. I just love Abbi Glines. Great pick!

    Ellen @ Always YA at Heart – My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Her Abbi-ness graces the blogs again! :D I'm excited too. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh! This book sounds heart-breaking & heart-warming. Thanks for sharing!

    P.S. the cover isn't too hard to look at either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA I didn't know there was another book of her coming out!! AAA So so good!! I'm excited! I love Abbi Glines too!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post